META TAGS:-RGPV IT 7TH SEM SYLLABUS I IT-722 SYLLABUS I IT HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING SYLLABUS I HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING SYLLABUS I RGTU IT-722 SYLLABUS I DOWNLOAD RGPV IT 7TH SEM SYLLABUS I RGPV ALL BRANCH SYLLABUS I RGPV ALL SEMESTER SYLLABUS I RGPV BHOPAL IT 7TH SEMESTER SYLLABUS I RGPV IT-722 SYLLABUS I IT 7TH SEMESTER ELECTIVE-II SYLLABUS I IT 7TH SEMESTER ELECTIVE-2 SUBJECT LIST I IT 7TH SEMESTER SYLLABUS
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING IT-722
Branch : Information Technology, VII Semester
Course: High Performance Computing
UNIT I
Introduction to high performance computing: Aim, Architectures, Cluster, Grid,Meta-computing, Middle ware, Examples of representative applications. Programming models: Parallel programming paradigms, task partitioning and mapping, shared memory, message passing, peer-to-peer, broker-based. Introduction to PVM and MPI.

UNIT II 
Architecture of cluster-based systems:Issues in cluster design: performance, single-system-image,fault tolerance, manageability, programmability, load balancing, security, storage.High performance sequential computing:Effects of the memory hierarchy,Out-of-order execution, superscalar processors, Vector processing.


UNIT III
Shared-memory processing: Architectures (extensions of the memory hierarchy), Programming paradigms, OpenMP. Distributed-memory processing: Architectural issues (networks and interconnects), Programming paradigms,MPI (+MPI2).

UNIT IV
Grids:Computational grids,Data grids,Architecture of Grid systems,Grid security infrastructure, Examples of Grids:Globus.The productivity crisis & future directions: Development overheads, Petaflops programming, New parallel languages: UPC, Titanium, Co-Array FORTRAN.

UNIT V
Performance Issues and Techniques:Cost and Frequency Models for I/O, paging, and caching.Notion of Cacheing; temporal and spatial locality models for instruction and data accesses; Intra-process parallelism and pipelining.Typical Compiler Optimizations of Programs; Improving Performance: Identifying program bottlenecks - profiling, tracing; simple high-level-language optimizations - locality enhancement, memory disambiguation, moving loop-invariants.

REFERENCE BOOKS:- 
  • Charles Severance, Kevin Dowd, O’reilly, “High Performance Computing”, Second Edition July 1998
  • David j. Kuck, “High Performance Computing”, Oxford Univ Pr, 1996
  • Gary W. Sabot, “High Performance Computing ”, Addison-Wesley, 1995
  • Dowd K, “High Performance Computing”, O' Reilly Series, 1993.
  • R.E. Bryant and D. O'Hallaron, “Computer Systems:A Programer's Perspective”, Pearson Education, 2003.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers