META TAGS:- RGPV IT 7TH SEM SYLLABUS I RGPV BHOPAL IT SYLLABUS I DOWNLOAD RGPV IT 7TH SEMESTER SYLLABUS I IT-712 SYLLABUS I RGPV IT 7TH SEM HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION SYLLABUS I RGPV HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION SYLLABUS I RGPV IT SYLLABUS I RGTU IT 7TH SEM SYLLABUS I RGPV IT-712 HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION SYLLABUS I IT 7TH SEM ELECTIVE I SYLLABUS I RGPV IT 7TH SEM ELECTIVE-I SUBJECT LIST I
HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION ( IT-712)
 Branch : Information Technology, VII Semester
Course: Human-Computer Interaction
UNIT I
Introduction:Human Computer Interaction (HCI) concepts and definitions, Nature of interaction human and Machine, interaction design, understanding and conceptualizing interaction, understanding users,interfaces and interactions, data gathering.

UNIT II

Introduction to User Centered System Design (UCSD): Natural computing, user centered systemdesign, core concepts, interactive design and its strength and weakness, types of user model, user model and evaluation, Heuristic evaluation.

UNIT III
Psychological user models:Black box models of human performance, including perception, motor control, memory and problem-solving. Quantitative analysis of performance. Human processor, keystroke level model, and GOMS descriptions of user performance.

UNIT IV
Modeling of system understanding:Mental models and metaphor,use of design prototypes,controlled experiments. Cognitive walkthrough. Evaluation from the perspective of a novice learning to use the system.

UNIT V
Task analysis and design:Contextual and qualitative studies, use-case driven design. Research techniques. Cognitive dimensions of notations, CSCW, ubiquitous computing, new interaction techniques,programmability.

REFERENCE BOOKS:-
  • Alan Dix, Janet E. Finlay, “Human-Computer interaction”, Pearson Education.
  • Olsen, “Human-Computer Interaction”, Cengage Learning.
  • Preece, J. Sharp, H. & Rogers, “Interaction design: beyond human-computer interaction”, Y. Wiley.
  • Smith Atakan Serengal, “Human-Computer Interaction”, Cengage Learning.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers