PHARMACOLOGY-II PY-505
Pathophysiology of CNS diseases and pharmacology of drugs used to treat them
1) Neuro humoral transmission in CNS 
  • Cholinergic pathways
  • Dopaminergic pathway
  • Serotonergic pathways
  • Noradrenergic pathways
2) General anesthetics
 
3) Hypnotics, sedatives, antianxiety agents, and centrally acting muscle relaxants.

4) Psychopharmacological agents
 
  • Antipsychotics
  • Antidepressants
  • Antimaniacs
  • Hallucinogens
5) Anti-epileptic drugs

6) Narcotic analgesics and antagonist

7) Drugs used in neurodegenerative diseases
 
  • Parkinson’s Disease
  • Alzheimer’s Disease
8) Drug addiction and drug abuse 
  • Alcohol
  • Nicotine
  • Cannabis
9) CNS stimulants
Pharmacology of drugs acting on gastrointestinal tract
1) Antacids, antisecretory and antiulcer drugs

2) Emetics and antiemetics

LIST OF PRACTICALS 
  • Bioassay for acetylcholine/histamine using isolated organ preparations (rat ileum/rat duodenum/rat colon/rat fundus/guinea pig ileum/guinea pig tracheal chain preparation /goat ileum) : a) Matching bioassay or Bracketing bioassayb) Interpolation bioassay or graphical bioassay
  • Study the CNS depressants using cornea and pinna reflex test.
  • Study CNS stimulants by evaluation of locomotor activity (Actophotometer)
  • Study Central muscle relaxants using Rota rod apparatus
  • Study lenticular opacity produced by opioid analgesics in rodents.
  • Study anticonvulant effect of some drugs using maximum electroshock method and chemical-induced convulsion method.
  • Study antianxiety effect of some drugs using elevated plus maze test or social interaction test or novelty suppressed feeding test in rodents.
  • Evaluate hypnotic activity of a drug by employing potentiation of thiopental induced sleeping time paradigm.
  • Study antipsychotic effect of some drugs using catalepsy test or inhibition of amphetamine stereotypy in rodents. Study intravenous anesthetics using righting reflex test.
BOOKS RECOMMENDED: 
  • Herfindal, E.T., Gourley, D.R., (eds.) (2000) Textbook of therapeutics Drug and disease management. 7th ed. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
  • Hardmen, J.G., Limbird, L.E., Gilman A.,G., (eds.) (2001) Goodman and Gilman’s The pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 10th ed. USA: The McGraw Hill Companies
  • Kumar, V., Abbas, A.K., Fausto, N., (eds.) (2004) Robbins and Cotran Pathologic basis of disease. 7th ed. Pennsylvania: Saunders
  • Barar,F.S.K.,(2000) Essentials of therapeutics.New Delhi:S.Chand and Company (P) Ltd.
  • Satoskar,R.S.,Bhandarkar,S.D.,Rege,N.N., (2007) Pharmacology and Pharmaco therapeutics. 12th ed. Mumbai: Popular Prakashan
  • Seth, S.D., (ed.) (2005) Textbook of Pharmacology. 2nd ed. New Delhi. Elsevier
  • Tripathi, K.D. (1999) Essentials of medical pharmacology. 4th ed. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
  • Mycek M.J.,Haney,R.A.,Champe,P.C.(2000) Lippincott’s illustrated reviews:Pharmacology. 2nd ed. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
  • Rang, H.P., et al. (eds.) (2003) Pharmacology. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier
  • Katzung,B.G.,(2004) Basic and clinical pharmacology. 9th ed.USA:The McGraw Hil Companies.
  • McKim, W.A., (2006) Drugs and Behavior:An Introduction to Behavioral Pharmacology. London: Prentice Hall.
META TAGS:-RGTU B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM SYLLABUS I RGPV B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM PHARMACOLOGY SYLLABUS I PY-505 SYLLABUS I DOWNLOAD RGTU SYLLABUS I B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM SYLLABUS I B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM PAPERS I RGPV B.PHARMACY PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I B.PHARMACY EXPERIMENT LIST I B.PHARMACY NOTES I B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM REFERENCE BOOKS I LIST OF PRACTICAL FOR PHARMACOLOGY I PY-505 REFERENCE BOOKS I B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM REFERENCE BOOKS I RGPV 5TH SEM PHARMACOLOGY-II PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGTU PAPERS I RGTU B.PHARMACY PAPERS I RGPV BHOPAL B.PHARMACY SYLLABUS I RGTU B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM SYLLABUS I RGTU B.PHARMACY 5TH SEM SYLLABUS I RGTU 5TH SEM SYLLABUS I RGPV BHOPAL B.PHARMACY SYLLABUS I DOWNLOAD RGTU PHARMACY SYLLABUS I RGTU PHARMACY PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I RGPV OLD EXAM PAPERS I RGTU B.PHARMACY OLD EXAM PAPERS I B.PHARMACY NOTES I I B.PHARMACY PHARMACOLOGY NOTES

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers