R.G.P.V. Bhopal (MP)
B.E. (1st/ 2nd SemesterDEC-2009
BASIC MECHANICAL ENGG [ BE-203 ]
Time:3 Hrs    Max Marks:100     Min Marks:35
Note:- Attempt any five question .All questions carry equal marks.
UNIT-I
Q.1.(a) Write classification and properties of cast iron ? 10
        (b) Explain the properties and uses of stainless steel ? 10
OR
Q.2.(a) Draw and explain stress-strain curve for an elastic material ? 10
       (b) Define fatigue, hardness, toughness and stiffness ? 10
UNIT-II
Q.3.(a) Describe Vernier calliper with neat sketch. How small/linear measurements are done with it? 10
       (b) Describe various methods of temperature measurement  ? 10
OR
Q.4.(a) Explain Drilling machine with the help of a neat sketch ? 10
       (b) Explain Sine Bar ? 10
UNIT-III
Q.5.(a) Define the following properties of fluids: 10
               (i) Density 
              (ii) Specific volume 
             (iii) Specific gravity 
             (iv) Viscosity 
             (v) Kinematic viscosity
        (b) State and explain Bernoulli's equation for incompressible fluids ? 10
OR
Q.6.(a)The water is flowing through a pipe having diameters 25 cm and 1o cm at section 1 and 2 respectively. The rate of flow of water through the pipe is 30 litres/sec. Section 1 is 10 m above the ground and section 2 is 2 m above the ground. If pressure at section 1 is 40 N/cm2, find the pressure at section 2 ?  10
        (b) Explain fluid coupling ?  10
UNIT-IV
Q.7.(a) State and explain First law of thermodynamics ?   10
       (b) How boilers are classified? Explain giving examples ? 10 
OR
Q.8.(a) Explain the construction and working of a Chchran boiler with the help of a neat sketch ? 10
       (b) List Boilers mountigs and accessories ?  10
UNIT-V
Q.9.(a) Explain the working of a four stroke petrol engine ?  15
       (b) Explain Carnot cycle. ?  5
OR 
Q.10.(a) Write down the principal parts of an I.C. Engine with their functions ? 10
         (b) Differentiate between two-stroke and four-stroke cycle ? 10

META TAGS:-RGTU BE-203 OLD PAPERS I RGTU BE-203 BME SAMPLE PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING MODEL PAPERS I RGTU BE-203 BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SOLVED SAMPLE PAPERS I RGTU BE-203 SOLVED PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING LAST 5 YEAR SOLVED PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 LAST 5 YEAR SAMPLE PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 BME LAST 5 YEAR MODEL PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 GUESS PAPER I RGPV BME UNSOLVED PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGPV BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SAMPLE PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGPV BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BOOKS I RGPV BE-203 BME NOTES I DOWNLOAD RGTU BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING MODEL PAPERS I RGTU PAST 5 YEAR BE-203 BME PAPERS I RGTU PAST 5 YEAR BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPERS

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers