R.G.P.V. BHOPAL,M.P.
CIVIL ENGINEERING 4TH SEMESTER
CE-402 CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
UNIT-I
Introduction:
Classification, properties, grades,advantage & disadvantages of concrete,
Ingredients of concrete, types of cement, aggregates, water, admixtures, Inspection & testing of materials as per Indian Standard Specifications.


UNIT- II
Properties of Fresh & Hardened Concrete:
Introduction,Workability, Testing of concrete,
Factors affecting, Rheology of concrete, Compressive & Tensile strength, Stress and strain
characteristics, Shrinkage and temperature effects.Creep of concrete,Permeability,durability, thermal properties & micro-cracking of concrete.


UNIT- III
Design of Concrete Mix:
Various classical methods of concrete mix design,I.S. code method,basic considerations and factors influencing the choice of mix design, acceptance criteria for concrete, concrete mixes with Surkhi and other Pozzolanic materials,design of plastic concrete mix, computer aided design of concrete mix.


UNIT-IV
Production and Quality Control of Concrete:
Production of crushed stone aggregate, batching equipments for production & concreting,curing at different temperatures, Concreting underwater, hot &cold weather condition, statistical quality control, field control, non- destructive testing, repair technology for concrete structures,Inspection & Testing of Concrete.


UNIT-V
Special Concretes:
Light weight concrete,Ready mix concrete,Vacuum concrete,Ferrocement, Fiber reinforced concrete,Polymer concrete composites,Shotcrete, Guniting,Rubble concrete, Resin concrete,Pr-stressed concrete,Heat resistant concrete,Mass concrete, Temperature control of mass concrete.

SUGGESTED READING BOOKS:
 
  1. Varshney RS; Concrete Technology; Oxfored & IBH publishing co. 
  2. Gambhir ML; Concrete Technology – TMH
  3. Sinha SN; Reinforced Concrete Technology; TMH
  4. New Building Materials Published by B.M.T.P.C., New Delhi
  5. Hand books on Materials & Technology - Published by BMTPC & HUDCO
  6. Mohan Rai & M.P. Jai Singh; Advances in Building Materials & Construction
  7. Jackson N; Civil Engineering materials. 
  8. Properties of Concrete - A.M. Neville - Pearson Education
META TAGS:-CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY NEW SCHEME SYLLABUS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM CE-402 CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY SYLLABUS I RGTU CE-402 CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY OLD EXAM PAPERS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM ALL SUBJECT SYLLABUS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM ALL SUBJECT SYLLABUS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY SYLLABUS I RGTU CE-402 CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY QUESTION PAPERS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY EXAM PAPERS I RGPV CE-402 CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY OLD PAPERS I CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I RGTU CE-402 CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY SAMPLE PAPERS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM LATEST SYLLABUS I

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers