Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
B.Tech II Semester Examinations, Feb-2013
ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY -II
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 75
Answer any FIVE Questions,All Questions carry equal marks
Q.1.(a).Explain the term polymerization and co-polymerization with suitable examples?
       (b) What are the conducting polymers, name four of them & give their engineering applications? [9+6]

Q.2. (a)What is meant by the moulding? Explain with neat diagram compression & injection moulding of plastics?
        (b) Write a note on engineering applications of the plastics? [8+7]

Q.3. (a) Write notes on preparation, properties and uses of styrene-Butadiene Rubber.
        (b) What are the characteristic of polyurethane, Buna-N, Neoprene and Butyl rubber [7+8]

Q.4. (a)Describe the production of carbon nano tubes by chemical vapour deposition method.
         (b) How fullerenes are produced.
         (c) write briely about the carbon nano tubes [7+4+4]


Q.5. (a)What are the constituents of cement?
        (b) Discuss about the classifcation of ceramics ?

        (c) Write short notes on properties of refractories [5+5+5]

Q.6. (a) What are anti knocking agents? Describe the functioning of TEL.
        (b) Write short notes on fractional distillation of petroleum.
        (c) How are lubricants classified? [5+5+5]

Q.7. Define Anodic and cathodic protection and explain the sacrifcial anodic protection and impressed current cathodic protection. [15]

Q.8. What is green chemistry? Explain the phase transfer catalyst for green synthesis, ultra sound assisted method for green synthesis and application of green chemistry. [15]

META TAGS:-JNTU PRACTICE PAPERS I JNTU ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY MODEL PAPERS I JNTU B.TECH 2ND SEM EXAM PAPERS I JNTU ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY QUESTION PAPERS I JNTU B.TECH II SEM EXAM PAPERS I DOWNLOAD JNTU EXAM PAPERS I JNTU QUESTION PAPERS I JNTU KAKINDA EXAM PAPERS I JNTU ENGINEERING EXAM PAPERS I DOWNLOAD ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS I DOWNLOAD ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY SAMPLE PAPERS I 2ND SEM ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY EXAM PAPERS I 1ST SEMESTER ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY EXAM PAPERS I

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers