R.G.P.V. Bhopal (MP)
B.E. (1st/2nd Semester) EXAM, JUN-2010
BASIC MECHANICAL ENGG [ BE-203 ]
Time:3 Hrs     Max Marks:100     Min Marks:35
Note:-Attempt FIVE questions,selecting ONE questions from each unit.Suitably assume any missing data.All questions carry equal marks.
UNIT-I
Q.1.(a) Explain the stress-strain diagrams of mild steel and cast iron with neat sketches ? 10
       (b) Write short notes on the following: 10
              (i) Grey cast iron 
              (ii) Alloy steels
OR
Q.2 (a) Explain the following briefly: 10
                (i) Hardness 
               (ii) Ductility 
               (iii) Fatigue strength 
               (iv) Tensile strength
        (b) Discuss the effect of the following alloying elements in steel? 10
               (i) Chromium 
               (ii) Nickel 
              (iii) Tungesten 
              (iv) Sulphur
UNIT-II
Q.3.(a) Write short notes on the following: 10
              (i) Errors of measurement 
              (ii) Uncertainity analysis 
       (b) Explain the construction, working and uses of a micrometer ? 10
OR
Q.4.(a) Write short notes on the following: 10
            (i) Surface Plate 
            (ii) Sine Bar 
       (b) Explain the construction and working principle of a lathe machine with neat sketch ? 10
UNIT-III
Q.5.(a) State and explain Bernoulli's equation for incompressible fluids ? 10 
       (b) Write short notes on the following: 10
           (i) Viscous flow 
          (ii) Turbulent flow
OR 
Q.6.(a) Explain the working principle of a fluid coupling ? 10
       (b) How pumps ar classified? Explain  10
UNIT-IV
Q.7.(a) State and explain second law of thermodynamics ? 10
       (b) What is boiler draught? Derive an expression for chimney height ? 10
OR
Q.8.Explain the following: 20
            (i) COP 
            (ii) Boiler efficiency 
            (iii) Natural draught 
            (iv) Entropy
UNIT-V
Q.9.(a) Explain Carnot cycle and derive an expression for efficiency of Carnot cycle? 10
       (b) What is an indicator diagram?Explain hypothetical and actual indicator diagram of a steam engine?10
OR
Q.10.(a) An air standard Otto cycle is designed to operating following data : 10
                Maximum cycle pressure and temperature : 5 MPa and 2250 K 
                Minimum cycle pressure and temperature : 0.1 MPa and 300 K 
Determine the net work output per unit mass of working fluid and the thermal efficiency.
           (b) Explain Diesel cycle and derive an expression for efficiency of Diesel cycle ? 10

META TAGS:-RGTU 1ST YEAR ALL SUBJECT PAPERS I RGTU 1ST SEM PREVIOUS YEAR ALL SUBJECT PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGTU OLD PAPERS I RGPV SAMPLE PAPERS I RGPV BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BE-203 GUESS PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGPV SUBJECT NOTES I RGTU BME NOTES I RGTU BME REFERENCE BOOKS I RGTU EXAM PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGTU BME BOOKS I RGTU BME BOOKS IN PDF I DOWNLOAD RGTU PAPERS I RGTU 1ST SEMESTER OLD PAPERS I RGTU 1ST SEMESTER ALL SUBJECT PAPERS I RGTU 2ND SEMESTER ALL SUBJECT PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGTU PAPERS I RGPV OLD PAPERS I DOWNLOAD RGPV BME BE-203 OLD PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 BME SAMPLE PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 BME GUESS PAPERS I RGPV BE-203 SOLVED PAPERS

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers