R.G.P.V. Bhopal (MP)

C.S. (5th Semester) EXAM,DEC-2010

DATA COMMUNICATION [CS-501]

Time: 3Hrs     Max Marks: 100     Min Marks: 35
Note:Attempt any 5 questions.All question Carry equal marks.
 
Q.1.(a)Suppose that x bits of user data are to be transitted over a k-hop path in a packet switched networks as a series of packets, each containing p data bits and h header bits ,with x>p+h. The bit rate of the lines is bbps and propagation delay is negligible. What value of p minimizes the total delay.?
      (b)Explain QAM modulator in brief?
      (c)Write a brief note on Nyquist theorem?

Q.2.(a)Explain the basic components of data communication and their characteristics.?
       (b)Write a brief note on serial and parallel transmission giving suitable example?

Q.3.(a)Describe the concept of switching and contrast circuit switching and packet switching?
       (b)Explain in brief the operation of time division multiplexing?
       (c)What signal-to-noise ratio is needed to put a t1 carrier on 50 kHz line?

Q.4.(a) What is ISDN? Explain in detail.?
       (b)Explain the following components of base band LANs:
             (1)Network Interface Card 
             (2) Repeaters

Q.5.(a)Describe the function of Null Modem?
       (b)What is bridge? Describe how to LANs following Two different protocols can be connected using a bridge?

Q.6 Write short notes on following-
          (1)Network topology
          (2)Fax Modems
          (3)Data compression devices
          (4)Hamming code

Q.7.(a)Describe the various error detection method.?
       (b)Assume the CRC generator polynomial of x5 + x4 + x2 + 1 is used to provide error checking.Compute the bit stream that will be transmitted If a 111000111000 is sent.?

Q.8.(a) Explain the different types of Guided Media with example.?
       (b) Explain the characteristics of transmission line.?
META TAGS:-RGTU DATA COMMUNICATION MODEL PAPERS I RGPV CS-501 DATA COMMUNICATION PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I RGPV EC 6TH SEM DATA COMMUNICATION PAPERS I RGPV IT 5TH SEM DATA COMMUNICATION PAPERS I RGTU CS-501 DATA COMMUNICATION PREVIOUS YEAR SOLVED PAPERS I RGPV DATA COMMUNICATION IMPORTANT QUESTION I RGPV DATA COMMUNICATION VIVA QUESTIONS I DATA COMMUNICATION OLD EXAM PAPERS I RGPV CS-501 DATA COMMUNICATION EXAM PAPERS I RGPV DATA COMMUNICATION LAST 5 YEAR PAPERS I RGPV DATA COMMUNICATION QUESTION PAPERS I RGPV CS-501 DATA COMMUNICATION OLD QUESTION PAPERS I RGTU DATA COMMUNICATION LAST YEAR PAPERS I RGPV CS-501 DATA COMMUNICATION PAST YEAR PAPERS I RGPV DATA COMMUNICATION NOTES I

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers