R.G.P.V. BHOPAL,M.P.

CIVIL ENGINEERING 4TH SEMESTER

BE-401 ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III SYLLABUS

UNIT-I
Functions of complex variables:
Analytic functions, Harmonic Conjugate, Cauchy-Riemann
Equations, Line Integral, Cauchy’s Theorem, Cauchy’s Integral Formula, Singular Points, Poles
& Residues, Residue Theorem , Application of Residues theorem for evaluation of real integrals.


UNIT-II
Errors & Approximations:
Solution of Algebraic & Trancedental Equations (Regula Falsi ,Newton-Raphson, Iterative, Secant Method), Solution of simultaneous linear equatins by Gauss Elimination,Gauss Jordan,Crout’s methods,Jacobi’s & Gauss-Siedel Iterative methods.

UNIT-III
Difference Operators:
Interpolation ( Newton Forward & Backward Formulae,Central Interpolation Formulae, Lagrange’s & divided difference formulae ),Numerical Differentiation & Numerical Integration.


UNIT- IV
Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations:
Taylor’s Series, Picard’s Method, Modified Euler’s Method, Runge-Kutta Method, Milne’s Predictor & Corrector method ), Correlation and Regression, Curve Fitting (Method of Least Square).


UNIT-V
Concept of Probability:
Probability Mass function,Probability density function.Discrete Distribution: Binomial, Poisson’s,Continuous Distribution:Normal Distribution,Exponential Distribution ,Gamma Distribution,Beta Distribution,Testing of Hypothesis :Students t-test, Fisher’s z-test, Chi-Square Method


REFERENCE BOOKS:

  1. Numerical Methods using Matlab by J.H.Mathews and K.D.Fink, P.H.I. 
  2. Numerical Methods for Scientific and Engg. Computation by MKJain, Iyengar and RK Jain, New Age International Publication
  3. Mathematical Methods by KV Suryanarayan Rao, SCITECH Publuication
  4. Numerical Methods using Matlab by Yang,Wiley India
  5. Pobability and Statistics by Ravichandran ,Wiley India 
  6. Mathematical Statistics by George R., Springer 
META TAGS:-ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III COMPLETE SYLLABUS I RGTU CIVIL 4TH SEM ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III NEW SCHEME SYLLABUS I DOWNLOAD RGTU CE-401 ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III OLD PAPERS I RGTU ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III OLD EXAM PAPERS I RGPV ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III SAMPLE PAPERS I RGPV ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III LATEST SCHEME SYLLABUS I RGPV CE-401 ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III SYLLABUS I RGPV CIVIL 4TH SEM ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-III SYLLABI I DOWNLOAD RGTU CIVIL 4TH SEM COMPLETE SYLLABUS I RGTU CIVIL 4TH SEM COMPLETE SYLLABUS I RGPV CIVIL ALL SEM SYLLABUS I

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers